GDPR – Subject Access Request Questions
- Why their data is being processed;
Cognism helps businesses to grow by finding relevant business contacts for their good or services. Cognism collects public data and consented data to build business contacts strictly for B2B outreach.
- The categories of personal data concerned;
Business profile information and potentially an e-mail address tied to that business information.
- To whom the data has been disclosed, especially if that data has been shared with someone in another country or to an international organisation;
We will look at all our historical campaigns to see if your data has been downloaded by any organisation from our platform. Please submit a subject access request for this.
- Where possible, for how long the data will be stored or, if the precise period is not known, how the period can be calculated;
It will be stored as long as the public source of the information exists or if obtained by consent that the consent is not removed.
- That they have the right to request rectification or erasure of their personal data or request that the processing be restricted or stopped;
Yes we have a full opt-out process here : https://www.cognism.com/legal/data-opt-form/
- That they have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (in the UK this would be the ICO);
- The source of the data where the they have not supplied it;
Public information or purchased via a third party where consent was given.
- Whether their data is used in any automated decision-making (including profiling) process and if so the logic involved, significance and envisaged consequences to them of that processing.
A taxonomy is created to map profiles to relevant business functions i.e. marketing, sales, finance. This helps our users to find relevant business contacts to outreach to more quickly.